Saturday, September 3, 2011

#12 what i'm currently drooling at.....

Marcella Restrepo works....

 

I find her drawings to be very engaging...I guess because it has that softness and childlike feeling all over it. Looking at Marcella's website is like perusing your favorite childhood book over and over again.

She draws almost anything i guess, various facets of our everyday life, from food,her  favorite objects to city scenery. I like how she treated her drawings as a reflection of what she feels at the moment, her favorite food back on her hometown (she's a native Columbian currently living in Sydney), her favorite places from current travel experience... I guess that makes the drawing feels really personal and therefore it is easy to relate to.


More Marcella Restrepo works can be found in her website. Have fun looking at them :)

No comments:

follow me