Friday, June 12, 2015

about compassion


Being born as twins means you have your special company for life.
But it also can become your never-ending bickering and fighting mate now and again (and again and again and again and again--you get what I mean).
I'm writing this in the middle of chaotic afternoon of packing and cleaning home before heading to Indonesia for my upcoming fieldwork.
The girls were fighting for food, toys, everything (!).
But then one of them lost her toy and the other found it for her and then hugged her.
It makes me feel slightly guilty having impatiently yelled one of them for spilling the milk to the carpet earlier.
Because showing emotion is important, but alas, showing compassion is forever necessary.

(top photos nandra (left) playing something that ditra (right) is obviously not happy of)

No comments:

follow me